Where to get cheapest Canon EOS 450D Batteries

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says, I ought to get at least 1 more to accompany the one I got with it.

I believe it's a LP-E5, is that right?

Where's cheapest? :D

Not the same but I got 2 for a tenner of 7day for my 30D and they work fine.

Official ones are about £30 from Amazon.
The 7 day shop ones are very cheap, cant help but think there could be a reason for that?

There is a manufacturer in the US called sterlingtek, who are well regarded on POTN, but I haven't found a UK dealer yet.

I've had around a dozen or more cheap ones (less than £5) off ebay from Hong Kong as well as UK etc over the past 4 years. Only one has failed prematurely, and the rest have been just as good as the OEM ones.

I bought a couple of the cheapies from 7 day shop as well.
Can't fault them and far better than the rip off price Canon ask for the official batteries.

Official ones are about £30 from Amazon.
The 7 day shop ones are very cheap, cant help but think there could be a reason for that?

There is a manufacturer in the US called sterlingtek, who are well regarded on POTN, but I haven't found a UK dealer yet.

I ordered direct, from Sterlingteks US website, for 2 batteries for my new 50D. Ordered Sat 20th Dec, delivered Fri 2nd Jan, so don't let the fact that there is no Europe/UK supplier put you off, bearing in mind there was the Christmas break in between, I thought that was pretty good.

I paid £26 ish delivered for two, whilst that may not be the cheapest for third party batteries, you're right Craft, they are highly recommended by our American cousins on POTN (Photography On The Net), they state the mah is greater than Canon originals. (I'm at work as I write this so I can't give actual numbers). Check their website here: -

http://sterlingtek.com/

Pete

Pete, did you have to pay import tax on your order?

I'm seriously considering ordering a twin pack from SterlingTEK direct but worried I might get hit with fee's.

Nope, postman just popped 'em through the letter box. No problems whatsoever with Sterlingtek.

Pete

I hate to be "that guy", but is it really worth putting 3rd party batteries in your £500+ camera?

If they're reputable, yes IMO.

You can stick with OEM batteries if you prefer, but you'll be out of pocket for less power.

Everyone has different preferences, but the price of OEM batteries make me whince.

Back