Where to get looooong USB cable from?

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
Im in need of a long USB cable (A to mini USB plug) so I can shoot tethered to a laptop. I probably need a 5-10 metre one. Anyone know anywhere that does decent quality ones?

PS. How amazingly cool is Nikon Camera control Pro 2 with liveview! :D

The longer the cable the more the voltage drop. I think 10mtrs would be at it's limit but would have to be usb2.

The longer the cable the more the voltage drop. I think 10mtrs would be at it's limit but would have to be usb2.

The ones in the link I posted have active repeaters powered form the USB port....no volt drop.:)

Ah Ha, clicked on your link just after I posted. 2 of them should do the trick!

Hey!, just noticed I'm quite chatty now and you've got the devils number! :D

Have a check on ebuyer.co.uk mate. They might have something that will fit the bill and it's also cheap as chips.

Im in need of a long USB cable (A to mini USB plug) so I can shoot tethered to a laptop. I probably need a 5-10 metre one. Anyone know anywhere that does decent quality ones?

PS. How amazingly cool is Nikon Camera control Pro 2 with liveview! :D

I've downloaded a trial version of Camera Control Pro 2 but I haven't loaded it yet.
Where is it available to buy & how much does it cost ?

Forget the USB cable, get the WT4.... go on..... you know you need it :D

Thanks everyone. :)

Cheers Bob. Ive ordered 2 of them. Should do the trick. ive got a fashion shoot coming up soon and I recon shooting tethered would not only be very usefull, but will also be a good experience for me in studio work. :)

I've downloaded a trial version of Camera Control Pro 2 but I haven't loaded it yet.
Where is it available to buy & how much does it cost ?

Forget the USB cable, get the WT4.... go on..... you know you need it :D

£130 http://www.parkcameras.com/ProductD...ogle/productID/8567/groupID/19/categoryID/102

I considered the WT4 until I saw the price, lol. Would be cool though. :D

got 3m USB extension lead if you want it....

Back