where to photograph minibeasts?

joescrivens

Suspended / Banned
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey there,

so many of you see all kinds of crazy minibeasts, all I ever see is ladybirds, flies and wasps

where can I go to photograph all kinds of minibeasts, are their tiny zoos for these little buggers?

Root around in the garden. Overturn a stone or log and you'll almost certainly find something under it.

You just aren't looking hard enough, if you look harder you will find more, best places are near ponds and waste ground that has been reclaimed by natures weeds.

You need to get down and dirty. Nature is all around you no matter where you live. In your garden, on a balcony, under pots or boxes, in old buidlings, in your local park, near allotments.

As has been said, it's just a case of using your imagination and looking in places you might not normally look for things.

andy

Not sure where in the world you are Joe but you could even come along to the TP Exbury Macro meet in the New forest and find some ;).

Not sure where in the world you are Joe but you could even come along to the TP Exbury Macro meet in the New forest and find some ;).

thanks all, so I'm just being lazy huh.

New forest, is that in Nottingham? I'm in staffordshire

Go into woodland, I find there is a lot of life in long grass and under logs/ rocks.

I'm alright because I'm one of those strange people that keeps bugs so I'm never short on subjects to photograph.

I go down to the local nature reserve / river when the weather is nice. Can't move for wing-ed things normally - especially damsel flies.

Back