Where to shoot in the Lakes?

Name
Jean-Marie
Edit My Images
No
I'm planning a fashion shoot in March with a couple of models, MUA and stylist and was thinking of the Lakes as location.

Could anyone recommend some nice locations in the Lake District please?

Thanks for your input.

If you have not been yet J-M then I support the recommendation for Buttermere.

As an ex-Keswickian, it is a nice place (even better on the three days it is not raining :LOL:) but after Windermere area it is probably the most busy and can get a bit :nuts: there at time. Castlerigg is good but get there early, if you feel brave you could walk up to there but you will need a tripod when you get there :LOL::eek:

If you do go to the North part of the Lake District then have a think about round the Bassenthwaite area Dodd wood is on the north side, otherside of the road from Dodd is Mirehouse if you want moor area type shots then Calbeck is close. A66 is on the otherside of the lake with access to the shore from a lay-by (access to the shore and St Bega's church can be had via Mirehouse).

The area around Isel is stunning and well hidden so very little crowds.

Winlater Forest is nice, as long there is not too many mountain bikers about :wacky:

The other place would be the old railway footpath from Keswick to Thelkard

Other nice places are St John's in the Vale, Ennerdale Water and Gasmere (along with Grasmere Water and Rydal water)

To note don't leave anything on display in a car that is parked up, as many a person has returned to a car to find a window smashed and stuff stolen.

Back