Where to stand on Sliverstone? - Not a photo thread

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I am going to Silvertone this weekend to see the World Series by Renault.
I am taking with me a kit lens only (18-55). Is there any place at Silverstone where I could get close enough to the track to be able to take a decent photo with 55mm without 500% crops?

Thanks a lot

with 55mm, you are gonna struggle. cant think of anywhere you will be able to get decent images without cropping big time

I was in the same senario when I went up a few weeks ago and the lens was a bit short for the track, hopefully my new lens will turn up before sunday. Here is the only track action picture that I took and was happy with. Taken along the pit wall
IMG_0959.jpg

Get there early and get a decent spot, I was struggling massively to pan properly through the gaps in then fence :(

I would suggest the inside of the track just before the cars enter the Luffield section. You can at least shoot over the top of the fencing there.
Just before they turn left to drive past the BRDC building if that helps.

I went to the F1 this year and was at Lufield, your not too far away from the track @ Lufield (A i think) corner, not sure if the 55mm is long enough, but you do see some good action there and stand a chance of some shots (y)

Back