Which camera to get??

Edit My Images
No
hey guys absolutely new to photography and am looking to buy my first SLR camera, i was thinking maybe the canon eos 300D or a nikon D40? i found someone thats selling the 300D for £200 and it includes an extra lens, as well as all the standard equipment (ie charger, case, cables etc) and i can also get the D40 for £170 however the d40 doesnt come with anything else, its just the camera on its own with the standard lens, but no charger case etc so i would have to buy all the accessories myself. As a student i dont really have that much money so i can only spend around £250 and i dnt mind if the camera is second hand, so any suggestions on what to get?? thanks :D

Firstly go and play with some of the bodies and see which feel more intuitive to use.
Then we can help you more particularly with 2nd hand choices.
What sort of photography are you intersted in doing? This has a bearing on lens choice.

Oh and Welcome:)

thanks, well ive used the 300D since my art and design course covers some photography and it just happened to be the camera that we use, and ive used the d40 once as well, i think the d40 was better interms of user friendliness (in my opinion) and i prefered the screen layout however i havent really taken many pictures with it where as ive done 2 studio sessions with the 300D. I mean the camera will be more just for me to use when i go to various events such as motorsports, holidays or even sometimes just out and about taking pictures of friends and family. Hope that helps

your best bet as said would be go into jessops or the like and try and get a feel for the cameras within your bidget. dont buy there just test them, then look around for the one you want online etc for one.

but asking on here nikon users will say Nikon, Canon users Canon.

its all down to personal preference and what would suit you more

I wouldn't pay £170 for a used D40 with no charger (costs £20 or so for a genuine one) when a new one with a 2 year guarantee for 50 quid more....

Back