Which Canon prime lens for full length studio shots?

Edit My Images
Yes
Im going to be doing a few full length body shots in the studio etc..I already have a 50mm prime lens which is great for portraits but i wondered which prime is best for full length body shots.

Any help much appreciated...

There is a formula on here somewhere for working out which focal length will give the coverage required. It does require the distance to, and size of the subject.

Care to share.... ;)

There is a formula on here somewhere for working out which focal length will give the coverage required. It does require the distance to, and size of the subject.

Care to share.... ;)
I think you might be referring to this thread I wrote a while ago:
How big a lens do I need?

I think you might be referring to this thread I wrote a while ago:

That was the one, superb stuff.

It kinda depends on how big your studio is :p
Assuming you'll be using the 40D mentioned in your sig, a 50mm might actually be about right. If the studio is a bit small you may need a slightly wider lens like a 35mm, but you don't want to go too wide as you'll start to get distortion of the subject. Also it's more comfortable for the subject if you're not breathing down their necks, especially if you're doing glamour or such like!
I'd go with something like a 28-70 f2.8 zoom if you have one, but then you did ask about a prime so maybe not!

Back