Which crop do you prefer?

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this photo of my son and quite like the low key effect with the face half in shadow. I've been playing around with it and can't decide how to crop it.

I am also undecided about colour or B&W.

I'd appreciate any of your opinions...

Henry-001.jpg

Henry-002.jpg

Henry-003.jpg

Henry-004.jpg

Henry-005.jpg

Thanks for looking

I like the crop of the second black and white and to be difficult I would like to see the colour at that crop...

Nice image..

Nigel

Personally, I like version #2 ... both in colour and b&w.

I would alter the crop though.
If it were my shot Id crop into the top of the head, as I find the image looks 'long' as is, and the tuft of hair on the top of his head is a little distracting.
This would also bring the eye further up because as it is now, its a little too central for me, (in this version).
All jmo of course, and I do like the shot/s ... nice moody & contrasty. (y)

I like #4 best with #3 a close second. The black and white seems to highlight the light in his eye which is missing in the colour versions.

I cant decide. As a set they've all got a lot going for them. If pushed I prefer the crop in #1 and #4 and if really pushed I think the colour one just has the edge. But as i said a really nice set of a good looking lad. Does he take after his Mum?:naughty:

Andy

No 2 colour for me, but like Inaglo i think a tighter crop at the top to do away with the high lighted tuft of hair. You have a nice set there.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll have another go when I get home. Andy, he is, of course, a great looking lad and most definately takes after his stunning mother! [;)]

The thing that scared me about the photos about how grown up he suddenly looks, he's just had his eighth birthday...

personally i like the last one posted pete ..

(y)

md(y)

Back