Which Crumpler bag???

Name
Gadgetman
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening everyone :wave:

I'm currently using either a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 200 AW or a SlingShot 200 AW, however I'm now looking for something a little bigger.

I've got 2 Crumpler 'man-bags' and think they're great and am looking at getting a Crumpler bag for my kit. It needs to be big enough to hold my 5D + 24-105mm + grip; a nifty fifty; a 75-300mm; and a Speedlite 430EX.

Any ideas?

(y)

Hey Gadget man, i took delivery of a Daily 600 XL at the weekend. It's fairly immense but a really nice bag. for me it fits my 350d+battery grip, Sigma and Kit lenses with half of the camera compartment still spare. Plus it doubles up (triples up) as a messenger bag and laptop bag.

IMG_0204_edited-1.jpg

RIMG0253.jpg

Rubbish pic, but you get the idea

S

If you want a shoulder style bag have a look at the Crumpler Daily bags or the Pretty boy bags(got to be worst ever name for a bag!)

http://www.crumpler.eu/?product=Pretty_Boy_XXXL&page=details&product_line=589&lsc=1

http://www.crumpler.eu/?product=The_Daily_L&page=details&product_line=565&lsc=1

They never seem to fit as much stuff as they claim though!
My mate has the pretty boy xxl but there's no way it will fit the 2 DSLRS and 4 lenses it claims will fit unless it's 2 D40s and 4 nifty fifty lenses! Plenty of cheap deals on Fleabay or online but check the size out in a shop first to see if your gear will fit!

I used Crumpler bags when i was a bike messenger they last for years.I'm looking at buying one of the Crumpler Dailys in the hope that it lasts as long as my Crumpler courier bag has.:D

Gixasix.......I like the look of the 'Pretty Boy XXXL' (great name:LOL:) - it doesn't look like it can hold '2 SLR's with 5 lenses and accessories' though! (as stated on the website) :thinking:

SteveJB........that looks huuuuuge!!!

It looks big but i think it's ideal. The best way for me to describe the size is to say that it's about the width and height of a laptop messenger bag, but, about the thickness of two.

When you take the camera compartment out (which is a seperate bag), then you're left with a huge bag.

S

I have the Daily 600 XL (which is huge as said above) and the Pretty Boy XXXL which is considerably smaller than the daily.

The pretty boy is great for day trips where i just stick a couple of lenses in it and carry the camera around.

Crumpler's sizing guides are rubbish, best advice is go to a shop and have a play with them :)

I have the shrinkle but I think it's discontinued now, it's a great bag though, the nearest thing I've seen to it is probably the zoomiverse, but thats slightly bigger, my friend got one after he saw how my crumpler faired against his lowepro (orion I think) on a particularly wet day in the lakes, his camera ended up floating at the bottom of his bag whilst mine was tucked up safe and dry.

They are great bags! but I agree, they don't fit in as much as they claim but they are supper padded, mine will take a 5D, with a 70-200L IS 2.8, a 24-70L, a 16-35L and a 50 1.4 and associated nik naks, it's also deep enough for a laptop as well, but then it's pretty full.

This may be OT (and extremely noob of me!)
I'm planning to get the Crumpler XL grey/mustard but the big problem is that I live on the other side of the world so I'm doing a shipping. (On my side of the world I only have the million dollar homes :p)

1. I can't find the grey/mustard colour for the XL size on the crumpler website. It still exists right?

2. Where did the person who got the bag (sorry!) order it from?

3. I'm planning to order from www.avides.com (German, and I don't speak a word of it :D), does anyone have any knowledge whether its reliable or not?

Thanks lots! I was just about to order a 7MDH (size about that of the daily L) Until I saw the europe daily series and fell in love with it!

there is a review on the XXXL pretty boy on here. CLICKY!!!!!

i bought the XXXL a couple months ago, its pretty full now, inside i have::

in main compartment:

canon 400D + 18-200mm lens
55-250mm lens
nifty fifty
camera cover

in front pouch:
2 spare batteries
extra memory cards
filter holder
2 cokin filters
spare lens caps etc..

i think its a great bag and fits everything i need. but think if i keep buying more kit i will need another bag. :D

Hey Gadget man, i took delivery of a Daily 600 XL at the weekend. It's fairly immense but a really nice bag. for me it fits my 350d+battery grip, Sigma and Kit lenses with half of the camera compartment still spare. Plus it doubles up (triples up) as a messenger bag and laptop bag.

IMG_0204_edited-1.jpg

RIMG0253.jpg

Rubbish pic, but you get the idea

S

I have this bag- cant fault it. It protects your equipment really well. I found it cheapest on amazon.

Yep most likely going through Amazon, but a 3rd party seller avides since Amazon doesn't sell it. (And amazon doesn't ship to where I am :()
So I'm just trying my luck to see if anyone has had experience with the seller.

Thanks!

I have a Daily L which holds...

Canon 400D
Siggy 24-70 f/2.8
Canon 100 f/2.8 macro
Canon 70-300 IS
Siggy 10-20
580Ex flash
And other gubbins

Probably fit 1 more large lens in before it's full.

Forgot to say... clifton cameras... next day delivery. Cracking guys, got me the goods when time was of the utmost importance!

This may be OT (and extremely noob of me!)
I'm planning to get the Crumpler XL grey/mustard but the big problem is that I live on the other side of the world so I'm doing a shipping. (On my side of the world I only have the million dollar homes :p)

1. I can't find the grey/mustard colour for the XL size on the crumpler website. It still exists right?

2. Where did the person who got the bag (sorry!) order it from?

3. I'm planning to order from www.avides.com (German, and I don't speak a word of it :D), does anyone have any knowledge whether its reliable or not?

Thanks lots! I was just about to order a 7MDH (size about that of the daily L) Until I saw the europe daily series and fell in love with it!

Hiya,

Yep Avides is who i bought mine from, from Amazon.co.uk.

Very reliable as far as i can tell, i'll probably look to use them again for any more Crumpler bags i get.

S

o_O thanks lots! Guess I better order soon while the exchange rate is pretty good :)
*I'm just hoping delivery won't take more than 2 weeks. It's 2-3 days for UK?

o_O thanks lots! Guess I better order soon while the exchange rate is pretty good :)
*I'm just hoping delivery won't take more than 2 weeks. It's 2-3 days for UK?

Yup, i ordered it on Thursday, then after a bank holiday Monday, a failed delivery and failed collection, i picked it up on the Saturday. A little over a week, but had i been home to take the delivery it would have been 3 days.

S

Yup, i ordered it on Thursday, then after a bank holiday Monday, a failed delivery and failed collection, i picked it up on the Saturday. A little over a week, but had i been home to take the delivery it would have been 3 days.

S

Thanks! Can't wait to order!
Just waiting for the exchange rate to become slightly more favourable :p

Thanks lots! ^_^

No probs, glad to help (y)

S

...Pretty boy bags(got to be worst ever name for a bag!)

I disagree - I have the Crumpler Long Schlong!! :( ;) :eek:

it doesn't look like it can hold '2 SLR's with 5 lenses and accessories' though! (as stated on the website) :thinking:

No, I've had quite a few different Crumpler bags and not one of them has held anything near what they claim! Maybe they're using pancake lenses! :p

(On my side of the world I only have the million dollar homes :p)

I love those MDHs! They look way nicer than the European equiv. IMO!

OP - CamBags.com has reviews on pretty much every Crumpler, all with photos.

I love those MDHs! They look way nicer than the European equiv. IMO!

LOL and vice versa in my case! I think the Europe crumpler camera bags are awesome! Oh well. Equates to having to save up more for me to pay off the difference prices :)

Back