Which Film SLR? £120 Max...

danza

Edit My Images
Yes
A friend of mine is looking for a film SLR for his gf, who wants to start out in photography.

He has an utter max of £120 to spend, and this must include at least one lens. I suggest the lens is a wide zoom, starting at ~28mm-whatever, and is of reasonable quality. What would be a good lens that meets these criteria?

As for the body, I suspect the best option at this pricepoint at least, is the Canon EOS 5.

I'm not sure about Nikon's offerings at this pricepoint, but the F80 looks good. The only problem with this camera is the price. They seem to sell s/h for ~£90-100. The EOS 5 for ~£60-80.

So, are there any other cameras from either manufacturer that are decent enough to compare to the EOS 5?

Many thanks ;)

You could try WareHouse Express. They had some really good film deals not so long back.... worth trying them out...

You could try WareHouse Express. They had some really good film deals not so long back.... worth trying them out...

Thanks for that link. There's the Nikon F80 on there for £109 body only, which imo is a bargainous deal. He could get that and some cheapo glass on eBay. I'll let him know.

i got an EOS5 from the internet for about £90, not new but near as damn it, you could probably pick up a budget zoom lens off the bay as well well within your pricerange

nikon f90x, great camera and usually get a lens at that price.

Back