which flash gun??

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
ive started to look at getting a flash gun... but not to knowledgeable about them..
is it worth me stretching myself a little and getting a Nikon SB800
or will a sigma EF500 super do just the same job??

any help would be great

If you can go for the Nikon, if you cant go for the Sigma, either will do their job and the Sigma will be cheaper - but the Nikon will be the better and more capable (y)

don't mean to steal the thread a bit, but i've got an almost brand new sb800 for sale at the moment, so if that'd help you about by not having to stretch the extra amount? give me a PM if your interested mate

You could start off with the SB 600 DT ... the Nikon SB 800's not so little brother ... significantly less money but still a very capable Flash Gun imo ... (y)

For me it is always worth stretching to the manufacturer's own kit because you are then absolutely certain of full compatibility ... ;) ... it does have a bit of a cost plus penalty but worth it for peace of mind imo ... :D

:p

thanks for the advise V, i dont want to "start" with something which i intend to upgrade at a later date, i may as well get the better one now, than to have to buy 2 in the long run.

Buy a second-hand SB-24/SB-26/SB-28 on eBay. Every bit as good, tonnes cheaper and easy to use off-camera.

Despite being a Canon man I've just bought my first Nikon flash (SB-24, got it for £43 delivered) to use off-camera (on a light stand with PocketWizards, umbrellas etc) and I already know I'll never look back. A curse on Canon for not making flashes with a PC sync terminal, the fools.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html

^^^ A brilliant read, if you've got time.

Looks to be a good read too Fingerz ... bookmarked for bedtime reading ... thanx ... (y)

:p

Some really good stuff in that link, thanks Fingerz, consider it bookmarked (y)

Back