Which flashgun

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been covered many times before but here goes;

I want to get a flash as the pop up flash on my D60 is pap....

I am a beginner, but like to take a wide range of shots, from macro to portraits, landscapes etc etc.

What flash would you all recommend ? The SB-24, SB-400/600. I don't think I can stretch to an SB-900

Thanks

I have a couple of SB600s I find they suit my needs perfectly. I considered the SB400 but thought it might be a bit low on power. SB800 was a little too "pro" for my needs. I'm sure another darksider will be along later to add their comments and opinions.

ive just got the jessops 350afd and it seems ok for my needs, i will say that ive just loaned to willb another member here and he had no problems with it on his D60.
£98.00 ATM with the sale thats on..

Just bought a 360AFD with the Jessops vouchers Santa bought me. I did look at the SB600 but at Jessops the price is sky-high (only about £20 short of an SB800). So far the only issue I have with the 360 is that it seems to eat batteries for fun but that could be down to be undercharging them and then firing too many flashes in one go anyway.

I,d recommend the SB600,It's what i have and i've been very impressed,although i can use it wirelessly through nikons CLS which is ace, i'm not sure you'd have that option on your camera.:shrug:

You could always use a flash sync cable.:)

Edit; Just noticed that link i've provided, the SB600 is out of stock:bonk:

Might be worth having a look at the Sigma flashes, they don't seem to get much mention on here but they are very well specced for the money and I'm delighted with the 530 Super that I got second hand for my Canon 30D.

Just bought a 360AFD with the Jessops vouchers Santa bought me. I did look at the SB600 but at Jessops the price is sky-high (only about £20 short of an SB800). So far the only issue I have with the 360 is that it seems to eat batteries for fun but that could be down to be undercharging them and then firing too many flashes in one go anyway.

Quick question i got this flash as well does urs make a continuous high pitched sound that doesnt go just wondering if this is normal or if mines broken.

Back