Which hotshoe adaptor?

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Canon 1300D which has no PC Sync socket so have to use a hotshoe adaptor to be able to connect an external flash to the camera via a PC sync cable.

I use the Pixel-321 adaptor but sometimes get a misfire and the flash doesnt fire.

Can anybody recommend a reliable adaptor to replace the Pixel 321 please?

To be honest, nobody uses this old technology any more. Is there some reason why you can't use a simple radio trigger instead? Much easier and very reliable.

To be honest, nobody uses this old technology any more. Is there some reason why you can't use a simple radio trigger instead? Much easier and very reliable.
It's to be used on photobooth equipment.
I have a monolight sitting just inches away from the camera and want to avoid using wireless triggers as that means having to replace batteries and also means that anybody else at the venue could be using a wireless system which will trigger my equipment.
The equipment sometimes gets taken out by other people and we prefer using a cable to keep things easier for them to understand instead of asking them to change wireless channel if required.
I've used wireless trigger on the photobooth and in the studio, but find they are just as temperamental at times and sometimes decide to fire on their own will, whereas the cable stops this from happening.

In that case a sync lead is probably your best solution - radio triggers are often unreliable when the distance between the transmitter and receiver is inadequate, they normally need at least 1 metre between the two.

But I'm afraid I can't help - the market for your preferred solution is now so small that it's likely that all of the adapters available are made in the same factory and sold under different brand names, so there is probably little or no choice.

I don't have one, but how about a Nikon AS-15? Their accessories are usually well-made, and this one seems to get better reviews than the Pixel. It has no voltage protection, but I don't think the Pixel does either.

The Yongnuo RF603 II is a radio trigger but also has a PC sync socket output.....you could use the sync socket and ignore the radio function.

The Yongnuo RF603 II is a radio trigger but also has a PC sync socket output.....you could use the sync socket and ignore the radio function.

Not a bad idea actually - I already have half a dozen of those somewhere so could just use those instead. Thank you

Back