Which internet browser do you use?

Which internet browser do you use?

• I still use IE and believe its as good as any alternatives due to not trying any others.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I still use IE after trying alternatives I couldn’t see what all the hype was about

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I have seen the error of my ways I have now switched to Firefox

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I have seen the error of my ways and have switched to Opera

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I use a Mac and therefore have a proper browser as standard ;)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I have seen the error of my ways and use something else not covered by the above options.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
S

Steve

Most of the “Staff” here including me are using Firefox as their internet browser however there is one diehard member that is bonded with Microsoft and loves Internet Explorer. After much persuasion and badgering he has recently agreed to “Test” Firefox but this made me wonder how many of our members have broken away and are now using one of the alternatives to IE.

I was so curious I have decided to start a poll :)

Firefox all the way baby :)
Although occasionally I come across sites that are so badly coded/created (booo hisss), that I have to *occasionally* fire up IE just for that one site or page.

Edit : Care to add the poll then? :)

:stupid:

Marcel said:
Edit : Care to add the poll then? :)

:stupid:

Some people just have way to much time on their hands and this forum is far to fast..give a man a chance :nunu:

Marcel said:
Firefox all the way baby :)
Although occasionally I come across sites that are so badly coded/created (booo hisss), that I have to *occasionally* fire up IE just for that one site or page.

Same here :thumb:

Steve said:
Some people just have way to much time on their hands and this forum is far to fast..give a man a chance :nunu:

Hehe, just the right timing I guess.

BTW everyone, there was no poll when I posted that first message :)
:nut:

Been an Opera user since version 2 point summat, not too keen on v8 so for now I'm sticking with 7.54

I use Firefox as indicated in the opening post ;) I have been using it for about 12 months now in the latest guises.

Dave I find that I have no issues on the majority of sites with FF but for the very few that I have its just display strangnesses due to their abilty to code badly, all other issues have been fixed for me by updating to the latest version of FF. I have never had my pc lock up due to Firefox and infact it has stopped more crashes than it has created.

Opera is one alternative that is of a very similair vein as Firefox, you may like to give that a try to see how that performs on your lappy?

Netscape 8 might also be worth a look once they get it stable :whistling

I like the per tab feature of choosing between Firefox or IE rendering, which save having to use IE at all :thumb:

Basically it works very similarly to Firefox (it uses the FF engine), so it should do well.

I use Deepnet Explorer.
Same feel as IE but without the security holes and love the tabbed browsing and tons of other extra features.

As a designer I have most of the browsers on my system and test sites on each of them.

I found that Firefox breaks more of my pages (apart from Netscape) than any other. It doesnt like a lot of Dreamweavers' CSS code, but from an end users' perspective it's a great browser.

tried firefox, as i liked the idea of Tab browsing, as i always open threads etc in a "open new window" closing each down as i go. Im not a fan of backwards forwards browsing.

anyway i ended up hating tab browsing, as i just didnt know where i was with it, and kept missing stuff, so went back to tried and trusted IE.

Sparky I do the same, but I do it via tabbed browsing.
I open up a forum, and CTRL click all new threads one by one (CTRL click = Open in new tab in current window), then when done I go through the tabs one by one replying to the all and closing them.

Used to do the same in my IE days but with 30 odd different IE windows open.

I tried Firefox but it brought no more benefits than a well-patched and protected PC Then came a long list of Firefox patches for "vunerabilities", making the claims that Firefox is inherently secure somewhat untrue.

i have been testing firefox for a few days now and TBH i cant see whats so special, it does the same as IE, dont quite get the tabbed browsing thing either?

it all looks the same too!

You sure you haven't actually RE-downloaded Internet Explorer? :D

Like many others I use FF but also have Avant (another tabbed browser).
Most sites that don't like FF usually respond to Avant, I find.
The more the merrier, say I. Makes the hackers work harder ;)

I use Mozilla, I have tried FF but just can't seem to get on with it

I use opera as a hold all for my common pages, stop the task bar getting cluttered, but my GOD is it slow!

i still have to be told whats so good about tabbed browsing?

For me its the fact that I can hide all my favorite pages in one application and switch between them easily. No real difference from have well organised favorites really.

I can't add anything to whats been said already, so here's a screen shot:

6d836758.jpg

ahh ic so Kris has his favourites along the top in a menu bar type thing.....thats a good idea

EosD said:
ahh ic so Kris has his favourites along the top in a menu bar type thing.....thats a good idea

So do I, but with menus, even better :D

firefox.jpg

i have my most used faves saved along the top in IE6.

just save them under "links" and drag out the tool bar.

Also the memory usage is considerably lower with FF & tabs...

1x Firefox browser with 10x TPF tabs (all same) uses 74Mb :icon_cool

10x IE browsers (TPF) of 1x 16Mb & 9x 21MB = approx 205Mb :nono:

FF also saves your bookmarks in the order you have them, and then imports them in that order if you reformat etc., IE likes to re-sort them in alphabetical order for you, even you didn't want it to (not nice when you have nearly 1700 links) :nut:

Back