Beginner which lens ?

Name
stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
So I have a canon eos400d with a 18-55 lens,
Ide like a zoom lens but unsure really what to get as ime on a very very tight budget ( as in skint lol) ( i think 2nd hand is about my spend at the minute)any advice or recommendations greatly received.
Cheers lads.

So I have a canon eos400d with a 18-55 lens,
Ide like a zoom lens but unsure really what to get as ime on a very very tight budget ( as in skint lol) ( i think 2nd hand is about my spend at the minute)any advice or recommendations greatly received.
Cheers lads.

What do you want to shoot?
You should be able to pick up a Canon 55-250 IS MK1 for reasonable price via ebay, I bought a new STM version of the lens via a UK seller a couple of weeks ago for £112.
All the reviews seem to say that the STM version is slightly sharper that the MK1 or MK2 and if you can pick one up for a reasoable price they are well worth it imho.
If you are not fussed about IS you can get the older Canon EF 70-300 quite cheaply as well.

As the guy above states. My wife uses the 55-250mm IS MK11 and has produced some stunning pictures on her 450D Also the STM version is supposed to be better, My youngest son is considering one for his 400D

have you checked mpb photographic web site

www.mpbphotographic.co.uk

I got a few lens for my son to try out on a 350D (1 lens was only £19)

I'd agree with the canon 55-250mm. Or maybe tamron 70-300 vc usd (make sure you get this, not the cheaper non vc version)

I'd agree with the canon 55-250mm. Or maybe tamron 70-300 vc usd (make sure you get this, not the cheaper non vc version)
I have to look for something cheap at the minute as funds are very tight lol

Back