Which Monitor profiler thingy?

Edit My Images
Yes
Ive just been reading mho's review of the ColorEyes Display Pro software and i like the sounds of it...

I'm struggling however to pick a package? there seems to be a lot of choice, 4 or 5 different software vendors with 3 or 4 different hardware devices... the ColorEyes software seems to work with all the hardware options, which makes it more appealing...

Can anyone recommend a good setup that will work across my 3 computers and their 4x screens (2xDell 24", iMac24" and 17" Macbook pro) all running OSX.

My main aim isn't 100% perfect color reproductions, I just want them all to be the same, I know I've got quite a noticeable change between my 2 Dell monitors and often drag an image between the 2 before posting any comments...

I recently got "eye-one display 2" it's the old gretag macbeth unit
made a remarkable improvemnt to my laptop and you can install on multiple pcs
I got my at a Warehouse express "do" so saved a few pppp

Id recommend the eye-one display 2 / LT.

The LT software only lets you do single monitors on each computer, but you can download the eye one match v3.61 software FOC from X-rite, this will enable dual monitor calibration on each computer, display 2 comes with this as standard.

As I see you read the review of the Coloreyes Pro software, I defiantly find this better at matching monitors on the same computer, but again its an added expense. I would try the I1 match v3.61 first and if it dosent deliver what you require give the trial of CDP a go.

Hope it been of help

Mark

i use a spyder express and it works well on some worn out dell monitors.

There is a way of running multiple profiles...see here

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/dual_monitor_calibration.html

not sure if it will work with more than two monitors but it works with my dual monitors.

I know about that but not much use to the OP as he runs OSX.

The problem with the spyder hardware is the tollerance the sensor is built to is no whare near as tight as the eye-one range, this can lead to profiles that are less accurate, again this usually doesnt matter to most people.

I know about that but not much use to the OP as he runs OSX.

The problem with the spyder hardware is the tollerance the sensor is built to is no whare near as tight as the eye-one range, this can lead to profiles that are less accurate, again this usually doesnt matter to most people.

oops

but at least it may help a microsoft lamb

It is also possible on OSX, infact it is easier, you just have to rename the profiles. The description is on that northlight-imaging.co.uk site...

Back