Which one would you go for

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Yeee ha ,it's the weekend ,and it's supposed to be sunny and mild.Anyways back to the reason i've come on here,sorry to bore yous all cos it's another lens question.
Has anyone on here have an opinion on these two...:thinking:
Pentax
Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Ex Dg Macro
Sigma 28-70 f2.8 Ex Dg

Ta for having a look...(y)

had the 24-70mm was soft as mud but build quality was very good...

Nooo don't cross it off. A few people have mentioned that they're soft. Sent them back and got a perfect one!
DSC_5254.JPG

Thats not soft.

Nooo don't cross it off. A few people have mentioned that they're soft. Sent them back and got a perfect one!
DSC_5254.JPG

Thats not soft.
Yeh i've read that somewhere too,hence my thread. Probs with focusing isn't it? :)

Not sure fella. Just heard some are soft.

Sigma do seem to have a bit of a quality control issue with the 24-70 EX but if you get your hands on a good copy it will be very sharp indeed(y) Best thing to do is buy from a reputable dealer and give the lens a good test as soon as you receive it then if it turns out soft either send it back for an exchange or contact Sigma direct and get them to rectify it for you;) Sigma do seem to have built themselves a very good reputation for dealing with warranty issues(y)

Yep, buy with a retailler and test ASAP, managed to get a 24-105 replaced after 3 months by Jessops after it was proved to be problematic. It's worth paying a little extra sometimes to have that backup.

Oh and I'd go for the 24-70 :)

I had a faulty 24-70 too. Sent it back for a replacement (took 3 days! - which was nice). Newest copy is pretty sharp. it's not L quality obviously. But it's really not that far off. Great lens for the price.

I use the 24-70 and love it. Mine's certainly not soft, and the only issue I've had with it has been the one which has just arisenm the noisy AF motor. It's got to go back to Sigma for that, but in terms of IQ it's top notch.

Back