Which Ones & Why?

Name
Pip
Edit My Images
Yes
Been playing around with night time settings and different views. Here are what I think are the picks from tonights experiments (so you'll realise how *&%@ the others were!).
What I'd like is your C&C on which are better / completely cr@p and why.
All with 400D & 50/1.8, raw files cropped and sharpened

#1 - 10s @f6.3
IMG_1635.jpg

#2 - 30s @f22
IMG_1641.jpg

#3 - 15s @f5.6
IMG_1646.jpg

C&C actively sought - not the most exciting subject matter, it's more that I'm trying to improve my contriol of the camera.

Thanks,
Phil

I like the last one because it's got a nice sky and interesting silhouettes. I don't like the 1st two because they're suffering from motion blur and or OOF and the 1st one is not white balanced (ie. too much red).

Try taking these sorts of night shots with a tripod on a low shutter speed/low ISO )ie something along the lines of: Aperture 8-11, ISO 100-200 and shutter speed will probably be around 2 seconds if not higher.

Last edited:
I like the last one because it's got a nice sky and interesting silhouettes. I don't like the 1st two because they're suffering from motion blur

Try taking these sorts of night shots with a tripod on a low shutter speed

:agree:

Thanks all - I did have it on a tripod, but I had forgotten the remote release (can't wait to get my new bag so it'll all be in one place!), and I had forgotten about using the timer until after I started shooting the trees. Lesson learned - touch the camera and you ruin the shot. Amazing how much difference it all makes really.
More work needed...

Back