Which reflector for a wedding

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone give me any advice on what reflector I should get for use when shooting weddings.

Missmoloko

Comment withdrawn. I guess my crystal ball was not working well that day.

I don't know about group shots but did a wedding over christmas and the problem was before the wedding when I was taking shots of the groom and best man. Couldn't find anywhere to position them without part of their face being in the sun and part shady of their face. In the end I had someone sort of standing in the way to stop the shadows on the face I am assuming if I had a reflector I could have got an assistant to hold it to block the sun.

Missmoloko

That's a flag rather than a reflector. A reflector puts light in, a flag blocks it/takes it out. :)

The lastolite trigrips are really good if you are working alone, it has a handle so you can keep a hold of it quite well. Have a look at Mark Cleghorn's website for good deals on lastolite stuff.

hope that helps

Yeah I was thinking of what Ali recommended, the Tri Grips. Especially if you are on your own.

Hi

Thanks for that. That does look like what I need and will have to get one. Does it make much difference which colour one you use. I have noticed they come in 7 different colours.

Missmoloko

Hi

Thanks for that. That does look like what I need and will have to get one. Does it make much difference which colour one you use. I have noticed they come in 7 different colours.

Missmoloko

The key types are:

White - reflect
Black - absorb
Gold - reflect with gold tint (good for overcast days)
Silver - harsher reflect than white
Panel - used to diffuse light

5 in 1's are generally not the ones with handles unfortunately, so you have to pick two (most are double sided). For weddings, I'd go with white/gold, as that covers both indoor and outdoor use. You'll need to reflect a lot more than you'll need to block.

Back