Which upgrade? D80 or D300?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I bought a D40x a while ago to get started on SLRs, the bug has bitten and now I'd like to get something "decent". My brother-in-law has a D80, which I really like, and I see has now dropped since the D90 has come out. On the other hand the D200 looks like a nearly identical camera, just built better and stronger for about £100 more.

Anyone have any thoughts on which would be the better upgrade? I can't make my mind up. The D80 is cheaper and lighter, but the D200 is heavier and stronger and should survive most adventures.

I was thinking of the 40D, but that's just too expensive I'm afraid.

given the choice between d80 or 300 I think many/most would chose the d300 simply because its much more of a camera.

There isn't really enough benefit in going from a D40x to a D80, the D200, on the other hand is much more of a camera all round

There isn't really enough benefit in going from a D40x to a D80, the D200, on the other hand is much more of a camera all round

This man speaks the truth.:)

Actually, I think the D80 is a very nice step up from the D40x. The D200 is a nice step up from the D80. But if money is not the deciding factor, then the D200 would be the choice. I might be tempted to postpone buying either one and put the money into glass or save up for the D300.

There's no right answer...and no wrong answer. What do YOU want? :eek:)

Back