Which would you bin?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Over the past year or so I've acquired a 70-200 F4 L and a 70-300mm F4-F5.6 IS...

I got the 300mm lens as there are times I need the extra reach and I didn't fancy using a TC....

Now I've come to a point where I'm begining to think that they overlap (duh) and that I should get shot of one.

Now my instincts are telling me to get shot of the grey one - but I'm curious - what would you lot get shot of?

Matt

You're seriously asking wether you should get rid of L glass in favour of a cheaper consumer end lens?

What about sell both and get the 70-200 F2.8 or 70-200 F4 IS and a TC?

Andy

Steep, well my logic was that I can get the same Fstop with the70-300 IS as the 70-200 + TC....and that I'd still have IS...

I thought there was little to choose in terms of IQ between the two lenses.....I thought the 70-300mm was quite good....

Andy, I'd love to swing for the 2.8 but I don't think I can make up the difference....I want to save for a 40D too :) BUT I'd not thought about the 70-200 F4 IS - how much are they going for atm?

Cheers guys - this is what I need - people playing devils advocate - it's much appreciated! :D

Matt

Andy, I'd love to swing for the 2.8 but I don't think I can make up the difference....I want to save for a 40 too :) BUT I'd not thought about the 70-200 F4 IS - how much are they going for atm?
You really should try asking Kerso (Ian) on here, he supplies all manner of stuff, is 100% reliable, and guaranteed cheaper. I just got an FL-50 flash unit for £70 less than I see it advertised on other camera sites.

Try PM'ing him - I am not on commission, but let him know I sent ya :)

Andy, I'd love to swing for the 2.8 but I don't think I can make up the difference....I want to save for a 40 too :) BUT I'd not thought about the 70-200 F4 IS - how much are they going for atm?

Cheers guys - this is what I need - people playing devils advocate - it's much appreciated! :D

Matt

I've just had a quick look; they vary between 500 - 600 notes.

Andy

I asked Kerso a couple of weeks back what he could do the 70-200 F4 IS for and he said £600 delivered. If anyone knows anyone in the UK that can do it cheaper I'd love to know about it please :)

I'm currently trying to decide between the F4 and the F4 IS, i.e. whether the extra 250 quid is worth it for the IS. One of the main considerations is possible future use of a 1.4x convertor as I think the IS would be even more beneficial at 280mm F5.6

Vertigo, thanks for the heads up, I've emailed Kerso, now I just have to do some pondering on what and how to do this, especially having just acquired a 40D :D

Somehow I don't think Kerso's price can be beaten, I've certainly not seen new gear prices from reliable sources that are that good! :)

Matt

Is the PM regarding other sources of kit? If so PM me too :)

Back