Whilst on holiday...

Edit My Images
No
I took the following - comments and thoughts are welcome - I am learning all the time.:)

seagulls_resized.JPG

Nice symmetry with the two gulls, but I'd like to see a little space to the left for them to be looking into.....

Must agree. Great shot, but the crop's just a bit too tight for my liking, it would be nice too see what they are staring at (or just a bit more in that direction)!

Still a great pic though :)

Well just to be awkward ... Im going to disagree with the above!
I actually think the crop works well because although the Gulls are the main focus, I like the way the outline of the back of the nearest bird reflects the symmetry of the steps/rail and leads my eye to the boats behind, then my eye comes back to the heads of the birds.

For me the only thing really marring the shot is the blown highlights on the back of the birds necks.
Still a nice colourful shot though, which you dont see very often where Gulls are concerned!

Thanks everyone.... actually the photo originally only contained one gull... I have added the other one myself on PS.

Thanks everyone.... actually the photo originally only contained one gull... I have added the other one myself on PS.

Really? Wow, that must have taken some effort! You forgot its shadow though! :p :D

Ah yes... well spotted. I must admit that I wouldn't have realised had you not told us, though. Nice image.

Back