Whilst out to lunch...

Name
Andy Eder
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst enjoying a lunchtime stroll around Norton Priory I noticed a rather vivid and extremely pink flower of some description (I'm no greenfingers I'm afraid!) I decided to take a snap and the result was so-so. Upon arriving home later in the evening I converted the image to greyscale and had a play with the levels, as well as applying a sharpen filter pass (all in Photoshop 7). Seeing as I didn't really have a clue what I was doing I was quite pleased with the result.

20070502_%285%29.jpg

Photograph taken on a Canon EOS 350D with the standard kit lens.

Cheers,
Andy

Hello Andy!
Welcome to TP. :)

The focus looks spot on. Not sure about the black and white though. :p

Nice Andy, very nice!

I've always said, though few agree, that the standard kit lens is a very capable macro performer.

Could be a Camelia (but I could be wrong as I'm no good with flowers either :LOL:). Looks like a lovely shot, but I think I'd prefer it in colour (did I just say that??? :LOL:)

Cant beat mother nature's colour palette I say!! ;)

Hi Andy!!! :woot:

Nice flower. (y)

Thanks for the comments ladies and gentleman.

It's good to also see some familiar faces on here. Hi guys! :)

So as not to disappoint, here is the same image in full technicolour glory...

20070502_%286%29.jpg

Regards,
Andy

Both good , tho in this case I like the mono better

Think youre right on the Camelia Min ;)
I love the outer petals in the b&w version, the way the light/shadow plays across them emphasising the texture of the petals, is lovely.

Not overly keen on the colour version.
I find the highlights distracting, and the leaf on the right appears sharper to my eye and draws me away from the flower.... oooh & isnt it gaudy :LOL:

JMO. :)

Camelias are at their best in my mums garden about now, love both shots, nice bit of sunshine by the look of it! :D

Back