Whitby lighthouse - Night & Day

Edit My Images
No
I've just returned from a great few days away having stayed at Whitby Lighthouse - my prize for winning the 2010 Trinity House Lighthouse Calendar Competition. Obviously I couldn't resist a photo or two. I tried a "day & night" theme...all c&c appreciated

Simon

whitby_lighthouse_sunrise_photograph.jpg

whitby_lighthouse_evening_photograph.jpg

ohhhh i like these i like the way the sun is lighting the light house in 1. and i love the light from the moon on the sea very nice i have to say

Really like both of those Simon. And well done on the win, it was well deserved. I'm having a weekend in Whitby end of the month, looking forward to it.

Andy

the first one is great!

the reflection in the window is really nice!

im put off by the brightness of the moon in the second one, although im guessing that was your intention :)

Thanks for the comments/feedback...

Viper...it definitely was the idea, must admit personally I prefer the 2nd just because it's something a little different, it was a 104second exposure hence the blurred clouds, I lifted the shadows slightly in ACR to bring out a little more detail in the buildings

Simon

Love the second one..nice composition .I'm always taking shots of Happisbro lighthouse but its a little high for this effect!!

Fantastic, I like the idea of a 'day and night' picture, May have to try one myself.
Thanks for sharing :)

I didn't look at this post for ages because I thought 'oh, no, not another lighthouse/sunset/sunrise/moving water/long exposure blah, blah'

More fool me. Great compositions. Both excellent, and break the mould in a quiet way. I think the sky in 1 is gorgeous, the reflection in the window brings something, and the effect of the moving clouds in the nightime shot is wonderful.

Love them both - no.1 for the sun's light on the wall, and no.2 for the motion blur of the clouds. And well done for the winning the comp too !

Back