White tail

Kev

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
On Mull last week and had a great time, hen harriers, goshawk, wheatear, ringed plover, golden eagles, white tails, northern divers and shed loads more. It's a birding paradise. Weather was pretty naff but I got a few decent shots.

4483911340_9ae5e0a843_o.jpg

4483261493_4019e7a008_o.jpg

3 wheatear
4483261271_175934c117_o.jpg

4 ringed plover
4483911034_1593941919_o.jpg

think you need to be a bit closer to the birds of prey shots but the other two are great, good detail and nice settings.

All decent but the Wheatear stands out for me(y). I love these wee fellas:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.
I have to agree about the eagle shots, I was using 500mm on a tripod and it was impossible to get much closer. I stayed there 2 days hoping they'd fly near me, they did, once, but so high it was useless.

Maybe next year.

Kev

A nice set of images Wheatear is a superb shot. We are on Mull at the end of May and im hoping for good weather to get some Sea eagle shots.
Regards
Richard

A nice set of images Wheatear is a superb shot. We are on Mull at the end of May and im hoping for good weather to get some Sea eagle shots.
Regards
Richard

We had a lot of luck on the b8073 between Laganulva and Killichronan. There's a sea eagle nesting at the bottom end. In May it should be feeding its young off the gulls nesting on the shingle beach.
I got theses shots just higher up the road http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=216669

There's a Golden Eagle nesting a bit further up and another nesting across the other side of the loch.
Good luck it should be fantastic when you're there.

Thanks very much for the info Mull is one of my favourite places if i can ever help you with info please feel free to pm me
Regards
Richard

Back