White tailed sea eagle

Name
Glenn
Edit My Images
Yes
Came into work the other day on my day off and took this of our white tailed sea eagle i must admit i think its the best pic i go tof her so far. thanks for looking.

Randompics161-1.jpg

Lovely capture :)

I would crop it so the eagle is in the center, the space to the right feels odd - ideally it would have some space to the left to fly into.

Lovely shot, could you please tell me, are there any favoured places for seeing /photographing eagles ?
I ask as I am going up to Scotland on the 7th Sept for 14 days, staying just out of Glen Coe, I would really love to see one of these magnificent birds !

well this was taken at my work which is at blairdrummond safari park. Its near stirling and here you can get good shots of our eagle.
Else wear im not sure, you got quite a few eagles on both mull and skye but its just getting close enough to them which would find to be a problem.
I heard there used to be boat trips out of port ree on skye to see them but im not sure if they still do this.
Hope that helped (y)

Thanks for that Glenn, Skye is a place I intend to visit, but as you say seeing them and getting close enough to photograph them could be a problem !
Thanks anyway

Lovely shot, could you please tell me, are there any favoured places for seeing /photographing eagles ?
I ask as I am going up to Scotland on the 7th Sept for 14 days, staying just out of Glen Coe, I would really love to see one of these magnificent birds !

Trouble is that each pair has a territory of about 400 square miles and could be anywhere in it.
Unless you are a dedicated raptor watcher you need to get very lucky.

I take your point arclight, I have about as much chance as seeing the Loch Ness Monster !!

I have seen wild ones on Mull, which is one of the better places to view them. In fact one flew right over the top of my car only about 30 feet up, being chased by 4 crows - which really showed the size of the beast off!!

we have been quite lucky at the safari park as we have had 4 wild eagles come over. 2 of which hung around for a few days before heading off in an easterly direction, the other two were back in january when the loch was frozen, they came down and had a shot at catching some of the ducks lol, unfortunately they missed and were sat on the ice for about half an hour. it was amazing to see and managed to get a couple of distant pics which i will share with you once i can find them on my computer.
They were all this years relised birds from over to the east.

I take your point arclight, I have about as much chance as seeing the Loch Ness Monster !!

If you were going farther north I would have recommended Inchnadamph in Sutherland.
Had a few holidays there and saw golden eagle most days (and much else), but never near enough to photograph. Nevertheless, they are a fine sight through binoculars.

Back