Whitsand Bay - Long Exposure

Name
Pip
Edit My Images
Yes
Been working at long exposures, as you'll see I have more to learn... not too sure about my processing on this, something seems a touch off?

C&C welcome!

IMG_7810.jpg

I like this.

It's a shame that sky wasn't a bit moodier, and it looks a little blurred to me, but that could be either my eyes, or this monitor. Because of that though, it has an almost oil-painting like quality to it which I do like.

Nice!

-H

I like this.

It's a shame that sky wasn't a bit moodier, and it looks a little blurred to me, but that could be either my eyes, or this monitor. Because of that though, it has an almost oil-painting like quality to it which I do like.

Nice!

-H
Thanks Harlequin565. It was quite a long exposure, 5s f32 ISO100, so blur is always a worry. But it was on a tripod with the mirror locked up too and a remote, so not a lot else I could have done! Thanks for the kind words.

It looks as if you've taken this at a really high level of zoom or, cropped the image a lot.
Thanks for taking the time to look Lewis. It was a bit of zoom, it was the 250 end of my 55-250, and only a minor crop of about 5 to 10% to improve the composition. But I know what you mean, the perspective seems to look different to that for some reason. If I knew why I'd be happier...

Kinda like it, just as has been noted - the rocks seem less sharp than ideal. How stable was the tripod? Did you use the collar on the zoom lens or the tripod plate on the base of the camera?

Gary.

Kinda like it, just as has been noted - the rocks seem less sharp than ideal. How stable was the tripod? Did you use the collar on the zoom lens or the tripod plate on the base of the camera?

Gary.
Hi EG, thanks for the comments. Tripod was pretty stable, pushed the legs down into the sand a bit (it's an old Benbo Trekker). Only a small lens so used the camera base... oh well, it's not the most expensive lens in the world and it was at its extremes, not the most expensive camera either. But I'm getting there slowly!

Actually duh! It's probably the fact that I had an 0.2 and an 0.4 and an 0.8 ND stacked with a CPL to get the shutter speed up!!! And the NDs are kind of old (very to be honest)...

Last edited:
Back