Who are you looking at?

S

stepheno

Rather like the expression on this one. Comments and crot welcome. TFL.

bird1.jpg

regards

That's a nice capture! Usual rules apply I think from a technical PP point of view, i.e. a bit more pop could be added and also I think it could be sharpened a bit more too.

But nice shot none the less! :)

Thanks Sammy - you're right. This was straight out of the box, so to speak. No processing at all.

regards

I'd like to see what you can do with it then. Unless you're only interested in another aspect for C&C?

Wow! Now that's what I call adding pop!!!! Excellent!

The only thing I could suggest is to maybe increase the brightness ever so slightly.

Ally - thanks for the comment. Sammy, I once read an article by some PS guru who wrote - never use brightness and contrast, do it in levels and curves, which is what I try to do. However, maybe a touch more would have been OK. Thanks for the critique.

regards

The processing on the second version is much better but I prefer the crop of the first as it emphasises the head being tilted to the side and shows a quirkiness. I think that is the draw to the shot and should not be lost. If you want to crop it try a square and leave a little more space in front of the bird than behind (left to right as we are viewing the picture)

Its certainly a sharp picture and grabs your attention straight away :)

...and yet I was thinking that the neck would be more suited to a portrait, but I take your point about the tilt of the head. Thanks for commenting Steve...oh and..like your new website :thumb:

regards

I once read an article by some PS guru who wrote - never use brightness and contrast, do it in levels and curves

Or the lightness slider in the hue/saturation box works well too.

I like the processed version too but it does look very red/magenta here. I think it would be nice to keep his cheeks white.

Yeah....I may have overdone that a tad. Thanks for your comment dazzajl :thumb:

regards

Back