Who changes DNS setting

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
When you move your web domain from one web host to another who is responsible for changing the dns settings on the domain name?

I am leaving one hosting company and they are also the registrar of the two domains names, I have filled the forms into move the domains names and given them the name of the new hosting company. My web site disappeared off the radar within a couple of hours of informing them but checking "whois" still shows the dns settings pointing at the old hosting company and while both my web sites are sat on my new hosting providers server they can not be found??

Tim

When you move your web domain from one web host to another who is responsible for changing the dns settings on the domain name?

I am leaving one hosting company and they are also the registrar of the two domains names, I have filled the forms into move the domains names and given them the name of the new hosting company. My web site disappeared off the radar within a couple of hours of informing them but checking "whois" still shows the dns settings pointing at the old hosting company and while both my web sites are sat on my new hosting providers server they can not be found??

Tim
depends where the domain name is registered. If you registerd the doamin at 1&1 for example, you simply log into 1&1 and change the dns settings to the new ones

Your new host may need to set up somthing that acknologes the "domain is on its way and relates to your web hosting account"

In other words, you will need to contact your new host, and where ever you registered the domain

You do it in your control panel on the new site you registered the name with, or at least that's what I did

Back