Who has pushed Portra 160 to 200...

Name
Matt Thomas
Edit My Images
No
...and then got it developed the normal way??

I read some where that someone had doen that. Pushed 160 to 200 and then just got it developed at 160.

Just wondering if anyone has done it?!

Also some places where you guys buy film from. Any websites which you would suggest?

Thanks

Pushing, is under exposure, (sometimes for a faster shutter speed at a higher than rated iso), then over process
If you under expose 160 as 200, and then process normally, they will just be under exposed.

SilverPrint
7Day
Retro

I "try it" all the time, but not on purpose.:LOL:
Its only half a stop under, it'll probably be fine:shrug:

Its only half a stop under, it'll probably be fine

More like a third really. ;)

Of what, under exposed film:LOL:
I'd like to say every shot I take has the right to exist once its born but......theres nobody campaining for the rights of under developed photos, so I chuck em away, while I still can:LOL:
What you describe is just under-exposed film processed normally = darker than it would be if it were correctly exposed.
For them to be any different than just under exposed shots, they need to be push-processed, where you shoot at a higher iso than the film rating, and then push-process by altering the developer concentration/timings to compensate for the under exposure.
Err....no, some films push really well, in that they don't take on much grain and keep their colour and depth, others don't push well and come out all grainy/stuff.
Some films are manufactured to be pushed.

Theres a load of pushed film in Flickr
good luck with making any sense out of Flickr though:)

It will be fine. I doubt you'd notice any difference on the prints. I regularly push Porta 160 to 400 (and get it developed as 400) the results are great. A little extra grain and saturation but work a treat with the Holga :)

Back