Whoops, I'm an idiot. (Zoo)

Name
Ant
Edit My Images
No
Of I trotted to try out my new lens at the local zoo/wildlife park. So excited to put my Canon 200mm f/2.8L II USM through it's paces at somewhere I visit regularly to practice. Took lots of images, was so keen to get home and check them out as I was feeling confident through the viewfinder. The first image I edited, I moved to the crop tool, something seemed off, yes you guessed it, I'd shot the whole day in crop mode (10mp vs 24mp) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Anyway, still got some I'm really happy with and the lens is an absolute gem.

DSC00177 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00185 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC09206 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC09382 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC09767 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00175 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC09492 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Terrific quality on these, makes me wonder why you need full frame at all! Love the first one especially, wouldn't know it was in a zoo, very natural. (Not so keen on the other tongue shots though!):p

Terrific quality on these, makes me wonder why you need full frame at all! Love the first one especially, wouldn't know it was in a zoo, very natural. (Not so keen on the other tongue shots though!):p

Thanks, I just thought the tongue one's were a bit of fun. As I say, still happy with them considering the mistake, and I can't wait to go back with using the full sensor and resolution next time.

Few more:

DSC09247 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC09097 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC08946 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC00035 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC09428 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

I'd shot the whole day in crop mode (10mp vs 24mp)
That just goes to prove you don't need millions of Mp to get a decent image!

Cracking set, (y)
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a gob shot, if I don't get at least one on a day out, I feel like I failed :D

Fantastic photos

Excellent photos. Amazing the image quality from that small 200mm prime.

Yes, I'm over the moon with this lens. No regrets from getting rid of my 70-200 for this. I always found I used the 70-200 at the long end anyway and the image quality plus size/weight of this lens are impressing me no end.

Back