Who's waiting for...

Edit My Images
Yes
the next new Canon to come out...

40D is rumoured, and poopoo'd by Canon, or is it going to be an updated 5D?

... here's me waiting for the 40D....
th_pant.gif

am I the only one?

Im wating too, i hope it's 10mp, all the features of the 400d, build quality of my 10d. Please make it BIG i think Canon have done enough for the small camera lovers, lets see a bit of bulk behind this one.
Otherwise its gonna be a 1d 2n for me.
Dean:)

I am tempted by the 30d so I am interested to see what might appear. Hopefully it will be an improvment on the 30d and not too much of a price raise, even then though it might push the 30d down a bit :) so cant be bad

I dont see the 30D as a significant improvement over the 20D ... hence the wait. (also cant justify the expense of a full frame jobby...)

I'm waiting for the 1Dsmk2 replacement rumored for September this year.

no, I have the 5d

it's got more to offer me than I can offer it :shrug:

I'm waiting for the two new Sony DLSRs. One is going to be a full frame pro and the other a crop frame semi pro. Depending on what they're like I either buy one or switch mounts...

Snap. It's nice to come hear and escape the constant rumour mongering on Dyxum and the crap some of them come out with about what specs they want.

Well, the 40D will probably be my next purchase... if I can hang on that long!

My friend has just bought another 30D for an absolute song so he has a second body for Donnington this week, but he intends to sell it next week again so that is extreme temptation!!

If I survive that though I shall be in the market for the 40D. Speculation seems to suggest 10m/p, sensor cleaning and probably a couple more focus points. Basically bringing the next level up in line with the 400D with a couple of bells and whistles. Should be nice!

Well i have just bought a 30D, pick it up this morning, got it for £595 with cashback. Upgraded from a 20D.

I will keep it now for at least a year if not longer and see what comes out between now and then.

5D MKII, 40D or 1Ds MKIII - what will it be :)

I'm waiting for the two new Sony DLSRs. One is going to be a full frame pro and the other a crop frame semi pro. Depending on what they're like I either buy one or switch mounts...

Aye, I too am waiting to see what the other companies have to offer before deciding on what to buy.

Mainly Sony and Olympus. But I have heard the Pentax have something in the works again.

It would be nice to adopt a different system over the usual Nikon and Canon.

We shall see.

As for the 40D. I dont see it being a major improvement over the 30D. A megapixel boost, that shaking ccd thing, larger screen and slightly better noise handling. But then again that would just be rumor spreading.

King.

I'm still waiting for the 1D mkIII to arrive in the UK. Calumet are still waiting, as are Jessops. Wouldn't mind having the price go down a bit too, £3000 is a bit too steep. If it just came down to the price of the 1D mkIIN (ie. £1800 ish) then that'd be even better.

ER.

I'm waiting for the 1Dsmk2 replacement rumored for September this year.

It was rumoured for last September also :)

not in the market for anything at the moment although I am keeping an eye on MkIIN prices which seem to be droping nicely

I personally want Nikon to make a D200 replacement that has the same rough dimensions as the D2xs. Will be expensive of course, but worth it!

Don't get me wrong, the D200 is a lovely camera, I really want one infact. But would be nice to see what they do next.

I hope everyone is still taking pics while obsessing about their next new camera? ;) :LOL:

I'm interested in the new technology, but I know at the level I'm at, a new camera is just spending money I haven't got, and will not improve my pictures.

Sadly.:( :LOL:

... I'm "always" taking shots (most get binned)... my 20D is looking distincltly used.

New toys for boys are always fun... :D

I'm happy enough with my current setup that I not really looking at new cameras or tech. Long term plan is to go full frame but for now, I just wanna take pics.

Im interested in whats coming out next, because I know at the rate im taking pics, my shutters life expectancy isn't very long.:LOL: I think s D200 would be my next logical step.

Will Canon really replace 3 DSLR's in one sweep come September ?

CanonDigital-SLR-Timeline.jpg

Nah. I bet you they'll launch the 4000D at £300 or something. You used to be able to get a an EOS 3000. I reckon a super dirt cheap DSLR is coming soon. Even less features than the 400D.

I'm waiting for the two new Sony DLSRs

Might be a long wait with Sony's financial problems - these two cameras have been 'on the way' for a while now, along with the Zeiss lenses for the full frame sensor - from what I understand, they just can't afford to produce them!

Back