Why does Lightroom need my email password ?

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

In order to choose the monthly payment plan to obtain Lightroom, they want to email me to set up the account, however, they ask for the email password?
I've never had this before and usually you just get an email and verify yourself that way, not too keen on passing out passwords over the internet.

Can anyone assure me that this is normal with Lightroom, I've tried a few links and they all work the same way, just a bit uncomfortable sending my password until I know it's safe.

Hi all

In order to choose the monthly payment plan to obtain Lightroom, they want to email me to set up the account, however, they ask for the email password?
I've never had this before and usually you just get an email and verify yourself that way, not too keen on passing out passwords over the internet.

Can anyone assure me that this is normal with Lightroom, I've tried a few links and they all work the same way, just a bit uncomfortable sending my password until I know it's safe.
It won't be you email password they want - it will be the password you will in future use to log into the Adobe site - IE a NEW password (because you never use the same password on two sites).

Last edited:
They don't want your email password they want an email and password set up when registering which ought to be different.

It won't be you email password they want - it will be the password you will in future use to log into the Adobe site - IE a NEW password (because you never use the same password on two sites).

They don't want your email password they want an email and password set up when registering which ought to be different.
Thanks folks, as usual in my haste to do something I overlook the obvious and jump to the wrong conclusion :headbang:

Back