Why won't my nifty fifty auto focus??

Name
Nicola
Edit My Images
Yes
All options in camera relating to the auto focus are shaded out so I cannot select them, there is no M - A switch on the lens I cannot workout how to auto focus on it?

Ignore me, it's a AF-D lens and those don't auto focus on my camera :bang:

I wrote the post so may as well post it now!!

At least you didn't storm into a camera shop slamming it down on the counter, this bl***y lens you sold me doesn't work :LOL:

At least you didn't storm into a camera shop slamming it down on the counter, this bl***y lens you sold me doesn't work :LOL:

True. I just assumed that being a new lens it would automatically have auto focus. It doesn't matter too much as I haven't learnt how to use auto focus yet so have been manual focusing, I just got it out to try and practise auto focus and realised it wouldn't work.

I also found out that a nifty fifty with manual focus and a curious rabbit does not make for good pictures!

what kind of camera do you have to start with? if its a d40/d40x or a d60 then your nifty wont autofocus so its time to start training the rabbit to sit still if so

One of the unfortunate downsides of the D40x is that you lost autofocus on all AF-D lenses. Will need to stick to AF-S lenses (SWM) if you want auto focus.

As rikki1q said, time to teach the rabbit to sit still :) or learn to focus manually, which with practice is possible.

i love doing things like this
you get all in a huff and think its buggered then oopsy :D :whistle:

Back