Wide angle converter ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Is it possible to get such a thing to fit onto a 18-55 or a 70-300 lens.

Or would I just be better off buying one..

I'm sure it's possible, there are plenty of w/a convertors around with standard screw threads. What the results would be like is anybodies guess. They're mostly designed for small sensor bridge and compacts and then only at the wideangle end of the zoom. So I suspect not very good.....

Better off buying a wide-angle lens methinks. A good wide-angle conversion lens is nearly as expensive anyway.

Do you have a budget?

For that price if you can stretch alittle I'd get a Sigma 10-20mm - Link to the dreaded store:( (but at £301.49 + £6.99 Del.)

Sure someone will know mention if they can find it cheaper anywhere else(y)

Try using voucher SAVE-1010 to get 10% off.....now £271....bargain :)

This is a very good lens for the money, before I got mine (Nov 2005 £312 @ London Camera) they did a test in DP against the Canon 10-22mm. With the exception of the extra 2mm and the fact you've got the 'Canon' badge the test results were very much like-for-like and in some cases the Sigma came out ahead. A few other people on here have this lens too and I think they sing its praise aswell. If you have a search around there might be a link to the test or somone may have it or a different link. HTH. :thinking:

Back