Wide Angle Skate Pics (first time)

Name
Ashley
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi they are ok, you can not see what the skateboarder is doing in shot 1, the 2nd shot you can't see his face. The 3rd is getting there. When shooting sports like this using a wide lens like a 17-40 can often make the sport look a tad odd. Often people will use a fisheye lens which will allow them to get close and give a distortion that will help emphasis the trick. Try shooting some of these on a long lens, Shot 3 would work really well on a long lens. go to this website - http://skateperception.com/ it will give you some ideas and answer questions you may have. Nice one for getting out there tho ! better than a picture of a phone box

Hi they are ok, you can not see what the skateboarder is doing in shot 1, the 2nd shot you can't see his face. The 3rd is getting there. When shooting sports like this using a wide lens like a 17-40 can often make the sport look a tad odd. Often people will use a fisheye lens which will allow them to get close and give a distortion that will help emphasis the trick. Try shooting some of these on a long lens, Shot 3 would work really well on a long lens. go to this website - http://skateperception.com/ it will give you some ideas and answer questions you may have. Nice one for getting out there tho ! better than a picture of a phone box

this was a little skate park no more than 50m x 20m and was crowded full of people... the ramps were small so the wide angle makes the height look alot more than it actually is! i think a long lens would look a little boring tbh!

How do you find the 17-40 f4 thinking of getting one as i havent got anything covering below 50mm atm.

Nice shots as well nice and clean and nice colours

Ok Ashley, I shoot BMX and have done for a fair few years now, I was only giving you advice from my own experience. Post them up on SkatePerception

How do you find the 17-40 f4 thinking of getting one as i havent got anything covering below 50mm atm.
Nice shots as well nice and clean and nice colours

the 17-40 is very wide! really enjoy the lens... what camera are you using? FF?

Thanks man! appriciate the comment

Ok Ashley, I shoot BMX and have done for a fair few years now, I was only giving you advice from my own experience. Post them up on SkatePerception

thanks for the advice. skate pictures are not something i am going to persue though :)

Which skatepark was it ?

wasnt really a park just a little something for kids in Teignmouth on the seafront

Back