Wide lens for d80

Sigma 10-20.Decent lens at sensible money.

There are examples of Sigma lenses not being up to scratch, the two I have are fine.....(y)

I second the Sigma 10-20mm. Shop around and keep watching ebay. I got mine brand new for £179!

As above, have one on my D200 and love it already even though only had a small play with it!

although i do not have one, as everyone else has said the 10-20mm seems the way forward.

just a quik question were about's does the focus start on the lens's(prob a stupid question) but i thought i would ask

I bought a Nikkor 10.5mm F2.8 it's not an everyday lens but the you can get to within about an inch of what you want to photograph which gives some really wierd results

Depends on how much cash you want to spend and how wide you want to go?

Sigma is silly-wide but you will get better quality with the nikon 17-35 or 17-50, although both of those will set you back double the price of the siggy. The 17-35 is full frame, professional grade stuff so will last long enough and be compatible with Nikon's cheaper full frame cameras, when they eventually appear.

Good glass should last you a lifetime!

Tamron 17-35 as another alternative. Use on a film body to approximately match the Sigma's coverage.

Back