Widescreen monitor help needed

Does the display properties in windows show the correct pixel dimensions of the monitor?

I've just been playing with the pixel dimensions and changed it to 1440x900 and it appears to be okay, not sure if this is the correct setting but it sure looks purdy after my 15" laptop screen.

£126 for a 19" widescreen - I really need to upgrade if prices are dropping that low :eek:

Been watching the Dell 20" and 24" widescreens which havent really changed in price for a while, never realized that the prices for the alternatives had fallen soo much:eek:

by the way samsung make dell's...they're just rebadged for dell to sell (ooh, it rhymes!)

I thought LG Philips made all the LCDs for Dell

Warspite said:
£126 for a 19" widescreen - I really need to upgrade if prices are dropping that low :eek:

It's silly money isn't it! I ordered it about 6pm on Monday evening so pleased with the service as well.

Warspite said:
I thought LG Philips made all the LCDs for Dell

Varies. My Dell panel is an LG Phillips, although NEC have also made panels for Dell

Hacker said:
I've just been playing with the pixel dimensions and changed it to 1440x900 and it appears to be okay, not sure if this is the correct setting but it sure looks purdy after my 15" laptop screen.

Hacker, If this is the screens 'native' resolution (Which it looks like it is) then yes it correct. Flat panels don't look any better than when there showing their native res, I have the Dell 24" Wide and at anything other than native looks pants :puke:

Great price - cracking purchase BTW (y)

Mr THX said:
I have the Dell 24" Wide

I am looking to get the Dell 2407 but their prices are still through the roof..:(

Eric Bunny is the man selling on eBay with great feedback, I keep watching for a price drop but nothing yet..:thumbsdown:

busterboy said:
I am looking to get the Dell 2407 but their prices are still through the roof..:(

Eric Bunny is the man selling on eBay with great feedback, I keep watching for a price drop but nothing yet..:thumbsdown:

Let me know if you find it cheaper somewhere - I keep looking at the price thinking it must drop sometime too :)

I just got a LG 20" with built in HD ready TV really nice easy to calibrate. Lovely jubbly. But its £350

Back