Widows 7 request

Just for info everybody.
If you use the win10 media creation tool. Win 7 will STILL free upgrade to win 10. I did it for 2 customers last week.

Regarding the SSD, I thought I read somewhere that you have to make sure your computer has the capacity to accept one, ( I'm referring to the 240 GB mentioned by Mr. Bump)
I've just checked and my computer statistics are: Processor (R) Dual-Core CPU, T4200 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz, Ram3.00, and a 32 Bit Operating System. Would this be sufficient to install the SSD ? As you have all probably realized by now, I am not very computer literate, for instance, I can't understand why the SSD is 240GB, but my hard drive doesn't show what capacity that has, so I am a bit confused, I thought the Ram was the most important bit.! The other question is, I can;t find a battery which has the same power as mine, From memory mine is 4200, and the only ones I can find are 4700 , would this be suitable?

Last edited:
Regarding the SSD, I thought I read somewhere that you have to make sure your computer has the capacity to accept one, ( I'm referring to the 240 GB mentioned by Mr. Bump)
I've just checked and my computer statistics are: Processor (R) Dual-Core CPU, T4200 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz, Ram3.00, and a 32 Bit Operating System. Would this be sufficient to install the SSD ? As you have all probably realized by now, I am not very computer literate, for instance, I can't understand why the SSD is 240GB, but my hard drive doesn't show what capacity that has, so I am a bit confused, I thought the Ram was the most important bit.! The other question is, I can;t find a battery which has the same power as mine, From memory mine is 4200, and the only ones I can find are 4700 , would this be suitable?

That would take an SSD but is going to be dog-slow, no matter what upgrades it gets - I own a heavily upgraded Macbook from the same era, and it's just rally sluggish with 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM. To be absolutely honest, unless you really can't afford anything better I wouldn't spend any money on it, and I'd feel ashamed to take money off you for an 'upgrade'. It's also likely that there is no longer a battery made that will fit your machine unless you can find some new-old stock (NOS).

Something like this for £93 will give you a processor that's about 5 X as fast as your existing device, more RAM and Windows 10 (so at least you're relatively secure): https://itzoo.co.uk/collections/che...ude-e6320-laptop-core-i5-2-50ghz-320gb-win-10
12 month warranty included.

As long as you get a Sata SSD it will work fine.

If you are doing a clean install 240gb will be fine, based on the assumption that when/if you copy the data from your old hdd to the ssd, the ssd is greater than the total data you have.

For the battery I would not bother and just use the power lead, as trying to find a reliable battery at a good price will be hard.

Do
when my old PC motherboard quit I (being on a State Pension too )
I bought a DELL OPTIPLEX 7010 computer from a firm on eBay which refurbishes PC from companies who trade-in to upgrade

WINDOWS 10 Pro installed 8GB RAM - runs Adobe Photoshop Elements fine ....for £75 ..............still running 100%.......... (y)

View attachment 284841
do you mind telling me who the company was John? I'm looking to change my desktoptoo

do you mind telling me who the company was John? I'm looking to change my desktop too...

from vulu on eBay but there are many listed with various options to suit you

DELL OPTIPLEX 7010 DESKTOP WORK PC - i3 3.40GHz | 250GB HDD | 8GB RAM | WIN 10 ( Pro was provided)
( 333406567675 )..ITEM PRICE:........£74.99

I tried to give Kevin a positive feedback but I have forgotten how to put the original thread in, before I could, as I recall, it used to be rather straightforward,

I tried to give Kevin a positive feedback but I have forgotten how to put the original thread in, before I could, as I recall, it used to be rather straightforward,
That's because this thread is not in the classified section. only there can you leave feedback

Worth a :jaffa: though :)
Not even we can do it for him, the feedback button only appears in the classified section.
Its TP's own Brigadoon :D

Back