Wife’s surprised me with a trip to NYC **now with pics

Edit My Images
Yes
My lovely wife surprised me on Monday morning with an amazing trip to NYC. It’s our last night tonight. Finally got to take a shot of the flatiron building.

Just sharing my good fortune with an unedited b&w conversion until I get home and edit.

She’s a star. Weather has been dry but grey skies and it snowed for most of the day today. Tomorrow we are promised blue skies so I’m going to try and get a rooftop shot and also Brooklyn Bridge before heading back to the airport.

Edit: can’t upload a file at present.

Last edited:
Luck you :cool:

Bizarre, was looking this week to go in April...been there in the early 80's, but needs another visit now, lucky you. Have a great time....you will!!!

Well, finally got home from an amazing surprise. The wife was very patient with me when I kept stopping for photo moments.

Bought myself a wd passport from adorama whilst I was there. Partly to pay homage to my weekly viewing of their ‘on set with Daniel Norton’ YouTube channel and because I wanted a backup machine I could plug an SD card straight into. Wife left me in a cafe for 90 mins while she went shopping and I uploaded all my pics onto the drive.

Being a good boy, I took one of my two cards out of the camera for the trip home (I shoot raw onto both cards) and put the little card holder in my wallet, left one in the camera, and the disc in a separate suitcase - 3 copies rule. Imagine my relief when I got home, stuck the walleted sad card into the computer and it failed!!!!

Nervously put the second in the machine and it loaded without incident.

Can’t get the dodgy card to be recognised on any of my machines. Anyone got any tips how to get an iMac to see a bad sd card?

I’ll post some up when I’ve edited them :)

4 and 5 are my favourites, good control of the verticals, possibly 5 works with some of the space at the top cropped too?

Back