Wild Buzzard, Busy Doing Nothing.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
It was too hot here last weekend :(. Even the wildlife was being more lethargic than normal. If followed this buzzard from it's perch in the first pic to another branch under the shade of the trees and stood 30ft away, in full view of it, and watched it gradually nod off in the sun (after a quick preen) :D.

Buzzard_In_Tree_01_1000.jpg

Buzzard_In_Tree_03_1000.jpg

Stretching_Buzzard_01_1000.jpg

Dancing_Buzzard_02_1000.jpg

Sleeping_Buzzard_01_1000.jpg

I deliberately under-exposed these in camera, as it was quite dark where the bird was sitting and I wanted to retain accurate lighting. I'm not sure how the results look though :| - are they too dark for you? Would they look better with an 'untrue' level of brightness, do you think :shrug:.

Nice shots, you did well normally they sod off at the sight of anything near them :)

drew

Nice shots, you did well normally they sod off at the sight of anything near them :)

drew

Indeed! That's always been my experience too, but just occassionally I find one that doesn't mind humans too much :|. Frankly, on that day it was so hot that I think the poor bird just could be arsed to move :D.

I really like them, love the strong green colour in the background as well. No 4 is the best one for me, the caption read "WTF is that" in my mind :D

Thanks Rayn! There was a fair amount of sun shining through the leaves overhead, which provided that nice deep green tone in the background - I was lucky there.

Here's another preening shot, seeing as you liked #4 ;) ....

DSC_3997.jpg

I didn't post this before because I thought that it made the bird look a bit 'camp' :|. Come to think if it, he did wink at me a couple of times :thinking: ....

DSC_3969.jpg

Not really the kind of 'bird' that I hope to attract, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose :p!

Back