Wildflower study

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
I wanted to try to produce a set of images around one flower that were a little different, I do enjoy using a very shallo depth of field for floral images too. But I would really like to know what others think of this set.

Only adjustments in photoshop shop were slight levels tweaking, a tiny hint of selective sharpening and a couple of dust spots cloned out.
3595871417_d5da45155e.jpg

3595871299_dc81c7a08a.jpg

3596679680_c9fbb0c62c.jpg

3596679556_1afe5f3aca.jpg

Very nicely done (y) The shallow dof really works with these...

They do look a little dark on my screen though apart from the last one :shrug:

i think its a very good idea and well executed. I love this sort of stuff,Lady Pitstop does some excellent examples. I only wish I had the time to do it :(
As for a 16 stone fella rolling around in the daisies on my estate.....:LOL:

Well Im 41, 14.5 stone with purple hair so hows that for a wierd person rolling around in fields! Yeah, lady pitstops stuff is fabulous I must agree.

Not sure about these, I think maybe they do need a bit more DOF and I know what you are trying to achieve with going shallow. Have you tried soft focus instead of shallow?

Simple, just shoot through a stocking or some other fine material, pull it tight across the lens and away you go adding layers to get the best effect and the good thing is it doesn't cost either ;) Give it a go.
Or you can just add a blur layer in photoshop of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple, just shoot through a stocking or some other fine material, pull it tight across the lens and away you go adding layers to get the best effect and the good thing is it doesn't cost either ;) Give it a go.
Or you can just add a blur layer in photoshop of course.

Thanks I will certainly give it a try, maybe this coming week whilst the weather is a bit naff.

Back