Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2005

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
This afternoon a colleague from work and I visited the National History Museum to see the exhibition of 84 of the best pictures from the Wildlfie Photographer of the Year. I have to say it was a really good exhibition. The photos were absolutely amazing! :thumb:

They were very well presented too; they werent just prints stuck on the wall. Im not sure how they were mounted, I think they were a from of slide, with a light shining throught them from behind.

I would recommend all photographers visit this gallery before it ends in April. Even if wildife isnt really your thing, I think you will appreciate it.

You can even see the camera/lens/settings info for all the pictures. Quite a range of different kit was used, but mostly it was high end SLRs. Mostly they were Canon 1 series SLRs and DSLRS and also Nikon F5 or F6s (no D2Xs for some reason).

Full details on visiting the exhibition can be found here

You can also view all the pictures from the exhibition here

I remember seeing the winner on gmtv, with his bird shots, there is something about the photo i do like, a hawk chasing the flock but i personally think others were better.

Wow, some outstanding shots in there. The 'young wildlife photographer of the year' is a lucky kid. His shot was taken on a camera bought for his 10th birthday...
Nikon D70 with Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 ED VR lens and 2x teleconverter; 1/320 sec at f5.6; tripod.
:shock:

they are exhibiting at the ' Nature in Art' project in Gloucester,

( it might be on now, or will be soon, its been advertised on local radio )

MyPix

Some great photo's on there, i might get down and try and see the exhibitiion myself :)

As there are so many complimentary comments it seems it might be worth a look ! Thanx for the HU Joe T !

Back