Will I ever find the right bag!!!! Help!!!

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly, hello! This is my first forum listing.

I have had enough of not succeeding in the bag department!

I need a bag which is good to work out of and will fit my

D200
Sb800 speedlight
Long VR lens
Short lens
Apple Powerbook 15"
and bits

does anyone have a succesful bag with a similar combo?? I fly all the time and need it to be big enough to take on as cabin luggage!!! So not too many requirements!!!!

Have tried a crumpler rucksack, too big for cabin baggage and too tricky to work out of and could not stuff any extra bits in!!!

Any advice appreciated!!!!!

When you say long VR lens do you mean really long?
It would help if you gave dimensions of the longest lens.

Have a look at the lowepro nature trekker, it may fit the bill.

I'm off to Canada in the morning :D

I bought a Tamrac 5618 which is now packed with Canon 5D with 24-105, 17-40L, 100-400L. 580EX, 50mm 1.4, Cokin filter wallet, 15" laptop in the back pocket, Mp3 player and other junk in the lid pocket and various small items!

The 'lid' or top surface of the case opens independently so I can get to the camera reasonably easy without undoing buckles. It is heavy so I hope it won't spend too long on my shoulder fully loaded. Size is under the limit for the airline by a fair margin.

Got mine new from Amazon for £50 inc delivery. (Marketplace).

Sorry! I meant to put down the lens! Its the 70-400VR Nikonlens. So pretty long! Thanks for all the help thus far!

I have a Kata R103 from warehouse express
should take your kit list
I just got back from a trip - no probs as hand baggage

Tried to find the perfect bag for 15 years, had everything you can think of. I still could never find it, untill last week i was walking past a small camera shop. I couldnt believe what i saw, a masive bag for £60. I went in and had a look and it was perfect, so big inside and deep. With loads of inserts, the best bag ever. It's called the Vangaurd Hercules. So got a Billingham 550 for sale now £150 mint condition.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Vanguard_Hercules_43_Soft_case_Camcorder__6499318

Back