will I never learn another 7d on it's way

Well any time now if not already Tony is going to have his 7D in his hands.

Like I said before Mal it's all your fault lol
just been to me post box nothing and it's along way for me over 100yrds there and back lol

I lost a 5D to Royal Mail once. It was stolen never to turn up despite the seller using RMSD.

There is no difference between used grey and used UK if they are both out of warranty. Physically they are identical and so I would personally value them at exactly the same (since I'm not racist :LOL:). But suit yourself, but I.... don't.... believe... it!

I assume you were refunded by the seller

Like I said before Mal it's all your fault lol
just been to me post box nothing and it's along way for me over 100yrds there and back lol

Haha use the tracking number? Or your 55-250mm to have a look.

I assume you were refunded by the seller

After a fight. It was around christmas time. Tracking just showed it was at the post office for a month! Lucky I had eBay protection.

RMSD delivers before 1 so you've a little time yet.

I've just sold something to someone and they've disappeared from the forum, won't answer any contact, yet RMSD says their goods arrived Monday. Be nice to know they were happy

Rebel t3i said:
tried to purchase items on here but the price starts high normally and then ends in an auction type sale lol
or it's withdrawn

I think that's a little unfair comment. Someone priced their goods what they felt it was worth, you offered a significantly less amount because you wanted a bargain/ that's all you were prepared to pay. I didn't see any auction type bidding only offer and counter offers/ refusals to meet your low cost requirements.

Before I bid on anything, which is rare nowadays, I send a message asking something, anything, about the item, if there is no reply before the end of the auction I do not bid.

tried to purchase items on here but the price starts high normally and then ends in an auction type sale lol
or it's withdrawn

I think that's a little unfair comment. Someone priced their goods what they felt it was worth, you offered a significantly less amount because you wanted a bargain/ that's all you were prepared to pay. I didn't see any auction type bidding only offer and counter offers/ refusals to meet your low cost requirements.

:agree:

right it's landed
quick shutter count check and it's 3,160 and is mint as mint could be
8 gb cf card leads cables lenses etc just no original box
so this one seems to fit the bill so far

right it's landed

Thank **** for that!

Dare I ask...........is it a UK model with a UK charger.

i have been watching this thread with interest and all i can say is................

christ on a bike............take some blooming photos,

Not what I meant
there were a number of adds over the period so my comment was a generalisation not aimed at anyone specific
and was covering 3 or 4 that I was trying to buy over this period and some I wasn't.
some member got upset as I offered a tenner more but then I was first in with my offer and he outbid me
I then politely withdrew when he outbid me again as I didn't want to offend him further
In hint site I should have taken the attitude of foop you and just paid the asking price
I think that camera is still for sale
there were also 3 that I recall that the owners withdrew or stated they were keeping it. One of these has since been relisted and I think is now sold at a lower price.
That's the basic outline perhaps I should have elaborated earlier .
SO MAL it was not you specifically that i was referring to do.
I trust this clarifies the matter .
off to play with the 7d bbl

Rebel t3i said:
right it's landed

Excellent!

Galaxy66 said:
Before I bid on anything, which is rare nowadays, I send a message asking something, anything, about the item, if there is no reply before the end of the auction I do not bid.

Isn't that outside the forum rules? I thought all discussions / questions about the item have to be within the thread itself?

Or are you saying you do it simply to get a response?

Last edited:
Isn't that outside the forum rules? I thought all discussions / questions about the item have to be within the thread itself?

Or are you saying you do it simply to get a response?

Jim, Auction>> Ebay

Sometimes you just have to take a chance though.

A few weeks ago a seller listed a Canon EF MKI 70-200mm f2.8 IS on Ebay for £650 BIN. I had no time to ask questions as someone else was bound to snap it up while I was waiting for an answer so I took a punt.

As the saying goes, if it's too good to be true it usually is, but in this case the saying was wrong. Superb lens.

Just out of interest if I ever decided to sell it on here and asked the market value I wonder if that would be looked at as profiteering (considering I bought it to use and not sell straight on at a profit).

Last edited:
Just out of interest if I ever decided to sell it on here and asked the market value I wonder if that would be looked at as profiteering (considering I bought it to use and not sell straight on at a profit).

The simple answer to that is no, what kind of answer were you expecting from me anyway!.

Dare I ask...........is it a UK model with a UK charger.
uk model with uk charger :LOL:
not that owning a grey import would bother me
it's the uk that uses the wrong plugs IMO
I seem to have an extra charger in the box Ricoh bj6 :shrug:
rain stopped play

Last edited:
Mal did you press the RTM button regarding my potential sale of lenses
I have pm'd a mod regarding my predicament and was curious if they were already aware of my predicament which would give them a direct link to my posts save me explaining again via pm

Last edited:
I RTM'd this thread at lunch time - not in the spirit of suggesting you are breaking rules , but in the hope of a mod response to put an end to all the bickering about whether you are or not.

I guess they are all out at work and/or still sleeping off their convention hangovers.

Incidentally something like that really needs a decision from one of the three adminies - Marcel , Matty, or Digital Failure - so your best bet for contacting them is the contact us form

I RTM'd this thread at lunch time - not in the spirit of suggesting you are breaking rules , but in the hope of a mod response to put an end to all the bickering about whether you are or not.

I guess they are all out at work and/or still sleeping off their convention hangovers.

Incidentally something like that really needs a decision from one of the three adminies - Marcel , Matty, or Digital Failure - so your best bet for contacting them is the contact us form

"are or not" ? surely you mean would be or not (y)

played with the camera today and it is mint and perfect so keeping this
the 55-250 lens I will keep and sell my other one somewhere can't see selling one of my old lenses would breach rules or upset someone
the 28-200 is not for me as I have far better lenses covering this focal range so this will be going
the tamron 11-18 is a nice lens but the canon 10-22 I ended up with after my last 7d fiasco is a better lens so the tamron will be going
so all in all In order to get a mint used low mileage 7 d I had to out lay 5d mk3 money roflol albeit I have had £660 back as a refund now on the first battered 7d
that's my decision now I have had chance to asses what I have had to buy

Last edited:
lets keep the insults in the drawer, eh lads. this thread has had a great many RTMs attached already, please can we try not to add anymore?

also to clarify what I think about buying/selling

the ethos of the forums is to have a community, that means helping each other out. If the lenses in question can be offered to members at a good price, thereby passing on a bargain, then thats fine, if the intention is to sell the lenses to make as much money as possible, we'd rather they went on ebay.

Back