Beginner will of been asked a million times ....

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
hi
i am looking to get back into photography.

I have a budget of around £400 to start with this month so was looking at the Nikon d3200 or d3300. I would also like a 70mm - 300mm lens but cant decide on which one would be best for my budget of around £150-200

what do you guys suggest

also a editing package which MUST be simple to use but will upgrade the more I get into it.

Jon

D3300 with 18-55 vr2, tamron 70-300 vc (not macro one). Hdew cameras have the d3300 for less then £300 I believe, so use the extra savings to get the tamron

Use the editing software that comes with the camera then buy photoshop/Lightroom etc when more confident with editing

Alternatively, you could also look at buying used equipment, which would give you more options. Most reputable stores / sites will offer some limited warranty with used equipment.

Alternatively, you could also look at buying used equipment, which would give you more options. Most reputable stores / sites will offer some limited warranty with used equipment.
I'd recommend this too. You may find once you've got into the hobby, your equipment needs/wants may be different to what you thought when you started out. Buying second hand lets you afford more gear (yay!) and not lose so much when you sell it.

A very quick look at MPB Photographic (other 2nd hand sellers exist);
Nikon D5000 £129 (or 3200 for £179, or 3100 for £119)
Nikon 18-105 £124
Leaving you plenty of cash for a bag, 70-300 or a cheap fast prime.

Back