Edit My Images
Yes
Probably not!!

What you all think?, be honest please..

Cheers

Michael

Slim.jpg

Nice! What lens is this taken with?

I like it, just one teeny weeny crit, if you had just a tad longer exposure, the white lights on one side and the red lights on the other would have joined each other. The gap is fairly noticiable.

I like it, just one teeny weeny crit, if you had just a tad longer exposure, the white lights on one side and the red lights on the other would have joined each other. The gap is fairly noticiable.

Yeah I noticed that. I did take some longer exposure ones but the light trails were a bit OTT, here is another one

Slim2.jpg

Last edited:
A great take on a common pic. I agree that the exposure could have been longer though

I see you had a 13 sec exposuer did you have the Long exp. noise reduction on or off?

not sure to be honest mate not had the camera long and not used to all the new functions yet
will need to check what settings are on.

Yeah I noticed that. I did take some longer exposure ones but the light trails were a bit OTT, here is another one

Slim2.jpg

MUCH better! Keep saying I will set up on the M60, but more likley to get my gear nicked!! I wiil try to hire Marcel as minder!!

Going to try a different location tonight as sky looks like it will be far better tonight...

Nice! What lens is this taken with?

Here is the exif data.
Focal length was 50mm.
Don't know if that was a prime or a zoom set at 50mm.

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D
Image Date: 2009:09:14 21:49:41
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm
CCD Width: 22.71mm
Exposure Time: 13.000 s
Aperture: f/14.0
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)

I love light trails and have yet to give them a proper go (only done sparklers to date), now the nights are pulling should get more time to have a go!! Well done.

I like it.

Use a longer exposure an hold the lens cap over the lens while there is a gap in traffic so trails join!
worked for me :)

Well, I have to say that I like the gap! I think I like it so much because they stop at the same point so it looks like they have been going together! There is my take anyway :)

Mitch

Excellent....I'm gonna have a go at these now the nights are drawing in, I've no excuse as the M5 passes about 200m from my bedroom window and there are a cracking couple of overbridges close by!!!

Back