Will This Lens Be Worth A Bid?

Not the best lens - the only good thing about it will be the price. Slow focussing and distinctly soft towards 300mm. I had one and upgraded to a Sigma 100-300 f4 as soon as I could afford to.

cheers for the quick reply

i may have a bid depending on how the price goes

out of interest how much did you pay for the Sigma 100-300 f4?

Hi Jonosi,

As a newbie make sure you get the right lens for your camera. Sorry if this is obvious but don't want you going down the route of buying a lens that will not fit?

What camera do you have?

Regards

Chris

I Have one of these, think it cost about 50 quid on eBay, for that price it’s not too bad, i just wanted a cheap first zoom that i didn’t have to worry about its welfare too much, but like the saying goes you get what you pay for, it is a bit soft and slow (which would probably be the main concern for you) but more than that just feels stiff and clunky.

Hope any of that helps.

Hi Jonosi,

As a newbie make sure you get the right lens for your camera. Sorry if this is obvious but don't want you going down the route of buying a lens that will not fit?

What camera do you have?

Regards

Chris

i have just purchased a Sony A200
this is my first DSLR and being a keen motorsport fan i am looking for lens that will give me the best chance of some decent shots but i dont really want to go to silly on the amount i spend.
currently i only have the kit lens that came with the camera (18-70mm) but i am a bit lost when it comes to what lens will be best for motorsport :)

Cheers for the replies guys

I got my Sigma 100-300 f4 EX secondhand (Canon fit) Can't remember the price as I've had it a few years now. I think I paid about £ 350 for it.

It replaced my old Sigma 70-300 DG Macro and I was glad I did. Its a much bigger lens and a lot heavier, but the picture quality is much much better

You can pick up a brand new one for £100 or so, so just bear that in mind, but for the money, I'm sure it's not bad.

keep your eyes out for a minolta 70-210 f4 "beercan"[/QUOTE]

have one of these myself,but the prices are starting to rise now as every-one realises that they are a good lens for the Sony A range

In reality it's too slow a lens for motorsport,but if it end up at thirty quid or so then you really can't go wrong ;)

it ended up at £73 inc delivery.....

Oh dear.

Back