Willow & Grasshopper Warblers

Nice to see the Grasshopper Warbler in its environment, I've yet to actually spot one!
I think some might suggest that the surround to it in both photos is a bit busy/messy but for me I much prefer it to the 'clean' sky of the Willow Warbler - it just looks like it should. :)

Nice to see the Grasshopper Warbler in its environment, I've yet to actually spot one!
I think some might suggest that the surround to it in both photos is a bit busy/messy but for me I much prefer it to the 'clean' sky of the Willow Warbler - it just looks like it should. :)

The trouble is that Grasshopper Warblers tend to skulk around in the undergrowth - I couldn’t get a clear shot.
You can only do what you can do, and I’d rather post than not bother - It’s the first time I’d seen a Gropper. I tend to post for interest.
I know what you mean, though.

Last edited:
The trouble is that Grasshopper Warblers tend to skulk around in the undergrowth - I couldn’t get a clear shot.
You can only do what you can do, and I’d rather post than not bother - It’s the first time I’d seen a Gropper. I tend to post for interest.
I know what you mean, though.
I was actually saying that I think they worked better as they are. :)

Nice set!.
I really like the first one of the willow warbler. And I think the last one works well too.

Lovely set Malcolm :) You can almost hear them singing

Les

Great gropper shots, they are difficult to see let alone photograph, nice one.

Great set!!
I love the sounds of the Warblers - especially the Grasshopper warbler

Yep, the Gropper almost sounds like a really agitated cricket - not really a song at all!

Back