Wimberly Sidekick on a Monopod

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a sidekick which I use with my 120-300 F2.8 - and I really like it.

I tried it on a monopod and it is also a joy to use then - much nicer motion than bolting the lens straight on top of the pod, and the gimble makes the tilt action smoother than the manfrotto tilt head ever did.

The problem is I don't want to keep taking my kirk ballhead off my tripod to put on my monopod.

The question - what is the best route to get an arca swiss mount on top of my monopod that will allow me to attach the sidekick only? Ideally a good route with minimal outlay...
(The sideckick requires a mount in vertical format to function)

Hi Richard

The best option I know of is a Manfrotto monopod head with a new Kirk platform on top but the platforms are about £40 (!!)

The other option is the Red Snapper ballhead that I've recently found out is Arca Swiss compatible

Paul

Thanks Paul

The redsnapper ball option is actually pretty appealing - I know they are very well built and I didn't realise they were arca swiss compatible. Is it a proper snug fit like other arca swiss clamps?
I ask as I have a redsnapper 3 way head and that looks compatible but in fact is not a very good fit.

Thanks

Can any redsnapper ballhead users help here?

Back